Newborn Session Pullback
I thought I’d share a pullback image from a typical newborn session. I always enjoy seeing these, and it’d be doubly awesome if this helps anyone else out there out! Also for clients, you can see that I really don’t need a ton of room to set up my little portable studio.
1. Newborn Posing Bean Bag by Studio Baby
2. Backdrop Stand and about 10 clamps of all sizes to hold up and stretch out my blankets.
3. Blankets and fabrics of all colors and textures – I’m always hunting for more and, well, my stockpile is starting to get a little ridiculous. 😉
4. Kelly Moore camera bag. I have the Libby and it’s so amazing for lugging around all my gear (2 bodies, lenses, expodiscs, diapers, etc…)
5. Just a standard 5 in 1 reflector from Amazon.
6. Heater. YES. This bad boy is essential to getting those newborns nice and cozy/sleepy.
7. White Noise app on my iPhone. Another fantastic little trick to helping those bitty ones zonk out for me.
8. Hats, headbands and props galore. I preselect the ones I intend to use for each session and keep them closeby.
Window – I like to set up my bean bag at about a 45 degree angle to the natural light I have available to me.
Wipes – Babies poop and pee, y’all.
Tons of receiving blankets – for proping underneath baby and for keeping the little one warm.
Camera and baby – well duh. 😛
So there you have it… Was it more stuff than you imagined? Way less? (Full disclosure- there are about 38471 props to camera right that you don’t see here!) I tend to err on the side of bring everything in case this baby will
pee sleep through EVERYTHING!